We have begun to actively collate a series of videos produced by individuals and outside organizations that lend support and perspective to our basic supposition - that soil health determines the health of plants and animals, and that in turn determines human health and the health of human communities.
First in that effort is a presentation titled "Soil Micronutrients and Your Health" by Rodney Hornbake, MD FACP, given to the Bionutrient Rich Food Production workshop held at Whitegate Farm on February 19, 2012. For this talk, Dr. Hornbake has carefully sorted and sifted through the available medical and nutritional research, and he concludes that soil health determines human health, agreeing with the basic proposition of the course - that soil and life in the soil determine the health of plants and animals, and that in turn determines human health and the health of our communities. In short, Dr. Hornbake explains:
- 1) that micronutrients in the soil are central to human health;
- 2) that the micronutrient density of food is in decline in the U.S. and elsewhere;
- 3) that malnutrition related to this is a serious global problem;
- 4) that agricultural practices are effective in improving the nutrient density of food; and
- 5) that these agricultural practices are effective in improving human health.
This video is also available at http://youtu.be/ge3oB2WPIOQ.